My return flight took me back from a sunny and warm Santorini to changeable weather conditions in Hamburg. But even the cloudy weather did not prevent me to discover the beautiful and interesting sides of Hamburg.
Where to stay?
The hotel ARCOTEL Onyx is directly located on the Reeperbahn. The Reeperbahn is well known for its nightlife, pubs and strip clubs. From the Reeperbahn, you reach all sights within 15 minutes by foot. Although, the hotel is placed on a well attended street in St. Pauli, you will not hear the noise. The hotel ARCOTEL Onyx offers a rich and inventive breakfast. Do not forget to try the waffles, which you can make by yourself!
What to do in Hamburg?
You are able to see all the main attractions in Hamburg within 2 days. You should visit them in the following order:
- The fish market is only opened at the weekend between 5am and 9am. You will find fresh fish, fruit baskets and beautiful flowers. It is a perfect location for having breakfast.
- From the fish market you move on to the old Elbe tunnel, which was the first river tunnel on the continet. It takes about 10 minutes to cross it but then you will have a fantastic view of Hamburg’s Landungsbrücken.
- Take a small cruise at the Landungsbrücken to enjoy Hamburg’s warehouse district and port city. The cruise takes about an hour and costs around 18€ for adults and 8€ for children.
- Back at the Landungsbrücken, you walk to the warehouse district. You will come along a coffee roastery, which has the best coffee and Hamburg’s virtual wonderland, which is one of the best attractions in Hamburg.
- By reaching the town hall, you are already at city centre. Enjoy Hamburg’s shopping street, called Jungfernstieg, its Binnenalster and do not miss the Nivea shop!
- Hamburg is also well known for its musicals!!!