These days our creative juices are really flowing at home. After three years, we finally decided to decorate our terrace. A bit. But we wanted to keep things as simple, cheap, and useful as possible.
I found my old maypole in the garden, and we came up with the idea to build a decorative ladder out of it. You can, for example, embellish it with hanging vases. Finally, we have a place for all our herbs!
Building a Decorative Ladder by yourself – DIY Tutorial
You don’t have a maypole or birch tree at home right now?! No Problem!
If you want to build a cheap decorative ladder, I recommend you to go into the forest and collect branches.
You will also need a string, a saw, and the hanging vases for decoration. Of course you can also decorate the ladder in other ways, e.g. with a chain of lights or candles.
What you need:
- Hanging Vases
I bought our herbs for 0,99€ each at Lidl.
- Cut your branches to the desired length
- Put the branches on the ground and form the A-shape. So you can see where you connect the branches afterwards.
- Now you can fix the ends with the string.
- Try to fix all the branches relatively tight so that the ladder holds well!
- Put up the ladder and decorate it!
My tip: Only get herbs when the ladder is in the shade or inside. Unfortunately, our herbs died after one week. However, we have now put beautiful plants on our ladder!