Walking down the palace garden, enjoying the magnificent nature and the breath-taking architectural masterpiece which will take you back centuries;the large baroque park in the style of Versailles will definitely captivate you!
Not only the princes would love Oberschleißheim, but also the princesses! Why? The Allianz Arena is located very close as if you were staying in Munich! Furthermore, it is usually difficult to leave the football stadium back to Munich after a match because the majority wants to go back to Munich. If you stay at Hotel am Schlosspark Zum Kurfürst, you would avoid the rush and get back to a place where you’ll find everything you need; relaxation, food, drinks, entertainment and comfort.
The Hotel am Schlosspark Zum Kurfürst is not just a 15 minute drive from Munich, but it is also very easy to reach with the S-Bahn from and to Munich. Besides, the hotel provides a free shuttle to the train station, which is 5 minutes away. I drove from the Dolomites to the hotel with my stylish Nissan Juke which I could park for free on the hotel’s parking area. After a four-hour drive, I really love the sauna area and the pool. From my tidy and cosy room, I could see the stunning palace and the hotel garden. The palace garden is less than a minute walk from there. The hotel’s restaurant across the main entrance offers an excellent dinner.
The staff gave me a warm welcome and was more than happy to show me around and answer all my questions. I read at Tripadvisorthat someone complained that the staff in the breakfast hall do not pay so much attention, but I totally disagree with this feedback. Even though I was distracted by the delightful and amazingly delicious traditional breakfast, the staff members always looked after every guest in the breakfast hall!
What to do at the hotel?
- Play bowling in the hotel.
- Visit the old and new castle called “Schloss Schleißheim” next to Nymphenburg castle. It is one of the biggest palaces around Munich and it belongs to one of the greatest baroque castles in Germany. Be aware that the castle is closed on Mondays.
- If you are someone who likes to travel, you have to visit the historic airfield museum. At the old palace, you will experience a century of civil and military aeronautics history.
- Explore Munich for a day.
- Choose one of the hiking trails close to the hotel and walk through the forests and nature.
- Take a look at the Munich Olympic Regatta Center, which was created for the Olympic Games in 1972.